Dear Valued Patrons,
PURE JOY. When I look around at our WAS events, I see joy on people's faces. From the smiling faces in the audience to the delighted expressions of the performers on stage, music truly has the power to uplift and bring people together.
Throughout history, people have been making music of all types. And what could be more delightful than hearing the purity of human voices coming together in song? That is why I so appreciate tonight's format, with a fantastic variety of genres.
A huge shout-out goes to to long-time WAS committee member Rhiannon O'Connor for putting this show together. Her tireless efforts to organize and coordinate the performers have made this evening possible. As a parent with 2 kids currently in college, I know how difficult it can be to organize those groups especially!
So, sit back, relax, and let the music transport you to a place of pure joy and happiness. Thank you for our continued support of performers everywhere, as they bring their talent and passion to the world. Enjoy the show!
President, Wildwood Artist Series
Johnny Cash has called John McCutcheon "The most impressive instrumentalist I've ever heard." And Pete Seeger said that "John McCutcheon is not only one of the best musicians in the USA, but also a great singer and songwriter.
Remaining 2023-2024 Events
Unless otherwise stated, all concerts are held in the Chautauqua Fine Arts Center at Mahtomedi High School. Click an event name for tickets and more information.
- Saturday, October 7, 2023: SHAPESHIFT - a Minneapolis dance collective with an innovative dance style which combines contemporary dance and hip-hop with other dance styles to illuminate the human experience. They have performed around the US including Jazz at Lincoln Center in NYC, the Flit Hills Family Festival, and also with Jennifer Lopez and Justin Timberlake as part of Super Bowl LII.
- SPECIAL PERFORMANCE! (not part of the Series) Monday, October 9, 2023: The President’s Own United States Marine Band. Concert will be held at St. Andrew's Lutheran Church.
- Sunday, October 29, 2023: The Mahtomedi Public Schools Music Faculty concert
- Saturday, January 27, 2024: The Kenwood Symphony Orchestra presents Peter and the Wolf
- Saturday, April 6, 2024: A Cappella showcase!
The Chautauqua Fine Arts Center at Mahtomedi High School provides access for people with disabilities. A ramp is available to the left side of the lobby for any individuals who need it. Public restrooms are located off the lobby in either direction. Beverages and food are limited to the lobby or high school commons and may not be brought into the Center. Fire codes prohibit seating in the aisles. Our buildings and grounds are smoke free.
The Ellen C. Bruner Professional Performing Arts Residency Program
It is the distinct honor and pleasure for the WAS new administration to rename the Wildwood Artist Series Professional Performing Artist Residency Program to the Ellen C. Bruner Professional Performing Artist Residency Program.
Click here to read more, or to DONATE to the Ellen C. Bruner Professional Performing Artist Residency Program.
Click a link to view a pdf version of a previous program: